MORNING NEWS HEADLINES
• The board of Piramal Enterprises approved the issue of secured, rated, unlisted, redeemable non-convertible debentures (NCDs) aggregating up to Rs 2,750 crore on a private placement basis.
• Oricon Enterprises has prepaid the term loan of Rs 300 crore to Indiabulls Housing Finance.
• Urja Global's chief financial officer Sakshi Gupta resigned with effect from December 26, 2019.
• Cadila Healthcare has clarified it had no plans to sell two of its divisions.
• PI Industries has said lsagro (Asia) Agrochemicals Private Limited has become its wholly-owned subsidiary.
• FPIs remain net buyers in Dec; invest over Rs 2,600 cr in domestic mkts.
• Top 50 corporates reduce debt by about Rs 60,000 cr in first half of FY20.
• India's coal imports rise 4% to 161.43 MT in April-November 2019.
• Private equity investments surge to all-time high of $37 bn in 2019.
• Power discoms suffered losses worth Rs 27000 crore in FY19: Minister
• Attention! Airtel raises minimum recharge for prepaid users, check new prices here.
• Oil regulator PNGRB ropes in ICF for gas demand, infrastructure assessment.
• Economy likely to rebound in 2020 on back of government, RBI measures, says CII.
• eBkray: Sitharaman launches e-platform for sale of assets attached by PSU banks.
• The country’s foreign exchange reserves increased by USD 456 million to a fresh lifetime high of USD 454.948 billion in the week to December 20.