MORNING NEWS HEADLINES ( 3rd Jan 2020 )
• SBI, Union Bank: The State Bank of India (SBI) and Union Bank of India are looking to sell their non-performing loans totalling Rs 2,836 crore to banks, asset reconstruction companies and other financial institutions.
• ONGC: The company on January 2 walked away with all the seven oil and gas blocks on offer in the latest bid round that saw just eight bids coming in.
• Hero MotoCorp: The country's largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp on January 2 reported a 6.41 percent decline in total sales at 4,24,845 units in December 2019.
• TVS Motor Company: The company reported a 14.67 percent decline in total sales to 2,31,571 units in December 2019.
• IIFL Securities: Billionaire investor Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's RARE Enterprises bought 27,84,879 shares of the company in a bulk deal on BSE.
• Bosch likely to cut around 2,000 jobs in India amid auto sales slump.
• Marico domestic volume growth dips in Q3, says revival hopes belied.
• Steel producers raise prices by Rs 1,000-1,500 a tonne as demand perks up.
• Bharat Bond ETF makes National Stock Exchange debut, lists at Rs 1,000.
• BPCL, Air India, Concor divestments unlikely by March-end: Govt official.
• Jet Airways’ lenders may extend deadline for EoI till January 15; Hindujas want relook.
• Telecom Dues: DoT orders Gujarat Narmada to pay 20 times its profit.
• Oil prices jump $1 after US air strike kills Iran, Iraq military personnel.
• Shriram Transport to raise up to Rs 1,000 crore via NCDs.
• Route Mobile receives Sebi approval for Rs 600-crore IPO.