MORNING NEWS HEADLINES 2nd Jan 2020
• Tata Motors: December sales dropped 13.8 percent to 46,903 vehicles against 54,439 units during December 2018.
• Eicher Motors: VECV December sales dipped 19.1 percent to 5,042 units against 6,236 units during December 2018.
• JBM Auto: The merger of JBM Auto System and JBM MA Automotive with the company is effective on January 1.
• Dhanlaxmi Bank: CARE reaffirmed ratings of the unsecured, non-convertible, redeemable bonds issued by the bank.
• Muthoot Capital Services: Company completed a securitization transaction of Rs 145.37 crore on December 31.
• GST mop-up over Rs 1 trn in Dec, revenue from domestic transactions up 16%.
• FDI rises 15% during Apr-Sep to $26 bn; services attract most investments.
• Jet fuel price hiked by 2.6%, cost of non-subsidised LPG goes up by Rs 19.
• Maruti Suzuki records 2.4% y-o-y rise in car sales during December 2019.
• Current account deficit shrinks to 0.9% of GDP in July-Sept quarter: RBI
• Big cut on import duty on crude and refined palm oils; Industry says move to hurt domestic refiners.
• IndiGo fleet size crosses 250 planes.
• Private equity, venture capital investments soar 18% to $44.2 billion, may see 15-20 pc growth in 2020.
• India will struggle to achieve 5 % GDP growth in 2020, says top American economist.
• New IPO: Park Hotels files draft papers for Rs 1,000 crore public issue.